Want to use those monk runes you got from ascalonian catacombs for your other characters? You can actually transfer runes marked as “Soulbound on acquire” to your characters.
To transfer “Soulbound on acquire” runes to other characters, you will need 1 transmutation crystal, a black lion salvage kit to salvage the rune later on and 2 gear pieces.
Here’s what you do:
1) Buy any 2 lvl 80 gear pieces from the Trading Post of the same armor class and gear piece. For example 2 “Medium” helms. Just buy the cheapest and it should cost you 50copper-1silver each. Example, you would buy 1 Rawhide Mask(Basic) and 1 Shaman’s Pirate Hat (Fine). Rarity doesn’t matter.
2) Now apply the rune to one of the items you will transmute.
3) Now transmute the 2 items using the transmutation Crystal. Make sure you select the rune you want to retain.
4) Once transmuted, the item will become “Account Bound” despite the warning on the transmutation screen that it will become soulbound.
5) Once it is account bound, put the item in your bank.
6) Now your other character can access it.
7) Let your character take the transmuated item from your bank and use a black lion salvage kit to salvage the rune.
8) Once salvaged, the rune will now become soulbound and usable to the character who salvaged it !